[vcf-midatlantic] new acquisition: Intel SBC 80/10+SBC-108

Glenn Roberts glenn.f.roberts at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 18:45:16 EDT 2019

I've acquired an Intel SBC 80/10 and the associated SBC-108 I/O RAM
expansion board plus a card cage.  These appear to date to '76 and, as I
understand it, were the beginning of what eventually became branded as the
Intel Multibus (later an IEEE standard).  These have ceramic Intel chips.
Look to be in pretty clean shape.  I've found manuals/docs on the internet
for the SBC 80/10 but not the expansion board.

Intel marketing Brochure:

http://www.dvq.com/docs/brochures/intel_sbc_80_10.pdf

Pictures:

SBC:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wce5PACtp6JkkP5BA

SBC-108:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UeRDbjihvvZnm7ZH7

cage:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o5rBtYn7kSxmuCjS8

Wondering if anyone has any particular insight, memories, experience, advice
to share.  Is this a particularly rare find?  I'd like to power it up - I
believe it has a simple monitor in ROM.

Tx.

*	Glenn