[vcf-midatlantic] new acquisition: Intel SBC 80/10+SBC-108

Michael Thompson michael.99.thompson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 13:46:24 EDT 2019

> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 18:45:16 -0400
> From: "Glenn Roberts" <glenn.f.roberts at gmail.com>
> Subject: [vcf-midatlantic] new acquisition: Intel SBC 80/10+SBC-108
>
> I've acquired an Intel SBC 80/10 and the associated SBC-108 I/O RAM
> expansion board plus a card cage.  These appear to date to '76 and, as I
> understand it, were the beginning of what eventually became branded as the
> Intel Multibus (later an IEEE standard).  These have ceramic Intel chips.
> Look to be in pretty clean shape.  I've found manuals/docs on the internet
> for the SBC 80/10 but not the expansion board.
> *       Glenn

The manual for the SBC-108 is here:
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/intel/iSBC/980277B_SBC_104_Memory_IO_Module_1976.pdf

Decades ago I ported CP/M 3.0 to that processor board. I had a framebuffer
for the console and 128k of RAM. I used the parallel port to control the
upper memory address lines for the memory paging.

--
Michael Thompson