[vcf-midatlantic] Still need more museum docents

corey cohen coreyvcf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 09:59:32 EDT 2019

I would like to let potential "Docents" know, it is our policy that if you
are traveling more than 60 miles round trip to the museum to docent, we do
provide the option of a per diem to help cover your travel expenses and
meals.  The IRS limits us to a $50 per diem.   We are also investigating
options to help those further away which may require an overnight stay, but
this is in progress and we have just begun the process.

If you have any questions, please email Jeff or myself at corey at vcfed.org
or jeffrey at vcfed.org

Finally, I want to re-iterate what Evan mentioned but in plain-speak.  Not
everyone is cut out to be a docent.  Some people who are super awesome
teaching how to repair or recap a machine during a workshop, may not
enjoy providing tours and telling stories about the history of the
computers we have in the museum.  Others may be all thumbs with a soldering
iron, but have a passion for telling the history of something like our
Univac.   We really want people who will enjoy the role of docent.   I
hadn't been a docent for a while because of some health and work
commitments, but had a ball last Wednesday and this Saturday giving tours
and telling stories.

Thank you again to any potential volunteers,
Cheers,
Corey

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 11:59 PM Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <