[vcf-midatlantic] much ado about chording keyboards

Eric Rangell erangell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 13:14:32 EDT 2019

Thanks Jeff.
To give context to this discussion, I built a chording keyboard for my Replica 1 and Apple 2+ by interfacing an Arduino to the keyboard socket and using 5 arcade momentary switches from Micro Center.  I coded it so that my fingers chord a hex nibble and the thumb strobes it into the Arduino, and the LED shows whether you are chording the high nibble or low nibble.  It is possible to recode it for other chording mechanisms and add switches to choose a mode.
Eric