[vcf-midatlantic] MITS Altair 8800 C&K switches

Jeff Galinat jgalinat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 17:05:17 EDT 2020

Hi Herb,
  That may be a loaded question as C & K switches may not have been used on
the original Altair Front Panel according to someone I really trust..

According to Mike Douglas (deramp in the Vintage community), who has
impressed me with his extensive knowledge of Altair hardware,  the American
Switch brand was used in the original Altair not C & K.   Mike says that
the  APEM switch part numbers listed below are closest to the original
American Switch brand. In fact, APEM purchased American Switch a number of
years ago.

S1 Toggle Switch On-None-On (Silver) APEM 5236AB
S10-S25 Toggle Switch On-None-On (Gold) APEM 5236CDB
S2-S9 Toggle Switch (On)-Off-(On) (Gold) APEM 5237CDB

Take this as you wish but I do value Mike's opinion on this

Best regards,
Jeff Galinat

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 2:34 PM Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic <