[vcf-midatlantic] VAX/RD54 recovery

Connor Krukosky connork at connorsdomain.com
Sat Aug 1 12:52:23 EDT 2020

David,
Those drives are safe at my house, the museum seemed to have no interest
in them since if they planned to get any machines going they planned to
run some of your boards and not original drives even if they did work.
Glad to see you were able to get the head amp board hooked up to one of
these. We should be-able to recover what was on the original drives.

I have not attempted anything with them myself but I have one of your
boards I plan to build up with a future digikey order.
I have been working on some new boards I designed I need to get up and
going not related to vintage computing.
The next time I am at the museum I can drop them off somewhere so you
can look at them if you'd like.

I believe I was not able to get MOP booting working on the Vax... I
believe it was an issue with it being a Microvax II. I really ought to
drag my Microvax II up and see if I can attempt to get it net booting. I
have only gotten later Vaxen going with my MOP boot setup. Specifically
a 3900 and some 3100s.

-Connor K