[vcf-midatlantic] Apple IIgs “safe mode”

Richard Cini rich.cini at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 13:31:15 EDT 2020

It turns out you need to go into the startup control panel by holding Option and make sure the startup is set for slot 6 (floppy) and not “scan”. I ordered a new PRAM battery for it since it was dead. For some reason it won’t recognize the SCSI drive from the install disks but it will try to boot off of it. When booting from the HD, it gets half-way and complains about missing FST files and tries to access a floppy for them.

More to do on it, but that’s just to prep it to get rid of it. It’s a complete system: monitor, 4 floppy drives, one HD, SystemSaver, extra RAM and the external SCSI. It did boot System 6.0.1.

Rich