[vcf-midatlantic] Xerox Wildflowers - Dandelions and Daybreaks

Tony Bogan tony.bogan at vcfed.org
Mon Aug 17 19:11:28 EDT 2020

While we know better, I still find it amusing that people believe that jobs was “visiting” PARC, or given a “tour,” saw the Alto/Star/whatever machine running the GUI, ran back to Apple and “stole” Xerox’s ideas and created the Mac.

I find it amusing because there is ample evidence to prove no such thing ever happened, in reality it was a business deal that in essence traded Apple stock for use of Xerox IP, but I guess the conspiracy sites are more fun to read.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone