[vcf-midatlantic] Wow! What a repair workshop! Aug 15 & 16, 2020

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Wed Aug 19 22:06:01 EDT 2020

Wonderfully messy too!

Between the two repair workshop areas, museum and warehouse we had about
20+ people attending and working on "stuff".

First of all I want to thank Bill Inderrieden for helping me with the
logistics of the workshop. It helps me to have a "right hand man" to manage
everything that I do during these weekends. I am often pulled in many
directions at these workshops to manage activities, answer questions and
keep the museum running as well.

Somehow I was able to find a place for 16 people to eat for dinner Saturday
night going with my Plan "D" when A, B, C didn't have the room or had too
long a wait. Outdoor only dining limits my options, but it seemed like
everyone enjoyed it.

Ian won the first (and second) to smoke award while working on a Swedish
computer owned by Andrew. Maybe they can give more details as to the model
and what was wrong with this machine. Ian also worked on an older model TV
that he had looked for a long time to find.

David Gesswein got our Xerox 8010 computer mostly working with a part that
needs to be ordered and modern SD drive to replace the original (failed)
hard drive. He was also able to get our PDP-8 working with the "chasing
lights" demo and the teletype punch demo programs.

Bill Inderrieden and Jeff Jonas did lots of good work on organizing the
warehouse.

Jason Perkins worked on scanning and uploading documents to the internet
archive as well as his own hardware.

The steering committee has lots of great stuff planned for improving the
condition of the warehouse and will be giving details on that soon.

Maybe others can fill in what they worked on and were able to repair.

Next repair workshop is September 12 & 13:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QPWVJSRL94SdHKtmkUmH6WESwckeXbn8PgV3r0Ke4Z4/edit?usp=sharing

Jeff Brace
Vice President & Board Member
Vintage Computer Festival East Show-runner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org
cell: 732-759-1783