[vcf-midatlantic] Working on a historical microprocessor exhibt

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Wed Feb 12 17:26:31 EST 2020

Tony, you just reminded me ...

A hugely important processor in the history of processors the 6501. It's really too bad
you won't get one to display and if you do it needs to be guarded.

6800 ($300+ as I recall) -> 6501 (sued into oblivion by Motorola) -> 6502
(for less than $30). Remmeber $300 is was more than I made in a week in 1980
(35 hours). So jump that back to 1975, that's quite a bit of money for just the
CPU.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com