[vcf-midatlantic] Hayes 300bps SmartModem for museum exhbit?

Adam Michlin amichlin at swerlin.com
Sat Feb 15 21:12:57 EST 2020

HI Everyone,

Thanks so much for the all offers. To update everyone, we have a 300bps
Hayes SmartModem coming next week to replace the 9600 on display and I
found a CIB 1200bps Hayes SmartModem in the warehouse (to be saved for
another day).

We also added a PMMI S100 (internal) modem to the exhibit that was
actually used in a CBBS back in the day that was graciously donated by a
member. This is the most important touch in connecting the exhibit to
our honoring of the passing of Randy Seuss. The story goes that Suess
hacked the donor's original PMMI modem and our donor sent it back to to
PMMI for repair only to get a replacement. That replacement is on
display in the museum and, with hope, will get put in one of our many
S100 machines in the future.

Best wishes,

            -Adam