[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report 2020-02-29

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Sat Feb 29 21:37:32 EST 2020

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been sending regular museum reports lately. Things have
been busy with VCF East prep and museum rearranging. We have been getting
about 20 visitors each weekend day. Today was about 25 with 15 of them
being a photography group touring InfoAge campus.
I have the C64 setup in the 80's bedroom area of the museum with The Print
Shop and a Star NX-10 printer. My idea is that visitors can print a one
page graphic or whatever they want as a souvenir. It takes a while to
print, so longer pages would take too much time.
Lots of new machines on display like the Zorba, and two Soviet clone
computers, Tandy Portable, etc.
I have been training a new docent named Dennis who is a 17 year old Junior
in high school. He is picking up things very quickly. It is really fun to
get his point of view since almost everything is new to him. Like today he
asked "What's this?" (It was a floppy disk notcher). So Tony and I
explained to him.
I'm hoping to recruit more people to be docents to spread the load docent
coverage.

Jeff Brace
Vice President & Board Member, VCF East Showrunner
Vintage Computer Federation
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org