[vcf-midatlantic] Chuck Peddle

Adam Michlin amichlin at swerlin.com
Sat Jan 4 11:19:08 EST 2020

This video "History of MOS 6502" gets into some of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOJj-IdYZxI&t=12s

In the video, the numbers used are a previous 70% failure rate with
Motorola to a 30% failure rate with MOS.

If you believe these numbers, it would seem to be almost entirely
manufacturing improvements that made the 6502 so successful from a
business point of view at first.  The high volume low cost that followed
would have well served to amplify that success, of course.