[vcf-midatlantic] we need an endearing term for our computer pioneers/founders

Chris Fala chrisjpf33 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 20:44:02 EST 2020

Reset Bits

Not great but only thing that came to mind.

> On Jan 9, 2020, at 8:32 PM, Jeffrey Jonas via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org> wrote:

re: the passing of Randy Suess (BBS) and Gary Starkweather (Laser Printer)

"silent keys" are amateur radio operators who have passed away.
https://silentkeys.org/

The term "Fallen Flags" describes those railroads
whose corporate names have been dissolved through merger, bankruptcy,
or liquidation.
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/
https://www.american-rails.com/fallen-flags.html

We need something similar to honor computer/electronics pioneers.

-- Jeff Jonas

PS: analogous to the computer jargon list is RR lingo:
http://www.catskillarchive.com/rrextra/glossry1.Html