[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East exhibit

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Mon Jan 13 12:07:32 EST 2020

On 2020-01-12 22:41, Tony Bogan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> While the underlying theme is 6502 this year for obvious reasons, I’m
> looking forward to all of the “other” exhibits this year!! I love
> seeing so many things I never knew about or had any real experience
> with. It’s one of my favorite things about VCF East.

Likewise, bring your weird stuff!

I am not 100% decided yet but I think it's not going to be 6502-related.
  (just isn't a thing I really collect)

>> On Jan 12, 2020, at 8:59 PM, Mike Loewen via vcf-midatlantic
>> <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org> wrote:
>>   In light of this year's 6502 emphasis, I'll be exhibiting an HP 3000
>> Micro XE minicomputer from 1986, which of course has nothing to do
>> with the 6502. :-)  Different, larger system than last year, with
>> monochrome and color graphics terminals and a 9-track tape drive.
>> Classic 3000 architecture, running MPE/V.
>>
>>   Mini collectors, who's with me?  :-)

Mike, I have a random HP disk enclosure (SCSI, and I think HP hard
drives) that look like that HP3000 which I'd be happy to rehome to you
at some workshop.

I've thought about doing one of my micro-sized RS/6000s but I've had
enough of that between last VCF-East and UNIX50.

I might do something that doesn't have vintage hardware at all.  *gasp!*

--
Jameel Akari