[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East Swag

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Wed Jan 15 12:08:31 EST 2020

On 2020-01-15 10:02, Chris Fala wrote:

> Vinyl, YES! Paper, don't waste my time. LOL
>
> What makes you say the VCF logo isn't OK as-is? Just curious. I am not graphic designer so I have no constructive criticism to offer, I guess I am just used to it, and kind of fond of it and its designer.

The logo itself is good, it's just the black background as seen on the
website.  That doesn't look right as a contemporary laptop sticker.

Maybe circuit-board light green.  Play up the circuit-trace laurel.
That's the only tweak I'd make for a sticker.   I said invert
previously, but on second thought a white background isn't right either.

2" is perfect sized if you have to pick just one.  The great thing about
StickerMule and its competitors is that you don't need to commit to huge
production quantities in standard shapes - you could get them in 2/4/6"
sizes in whatever quantities.

I'm not sure on what other swag to make but I'll think on it.  These
days at conferences and vendor visits I personally tend to only take
stickers unless they have something really funny (my squishy Zenoss
zebra makes me laugh) or genuinely useful (I had a fantastic NetApp
bottle opener).

*thinks about a squishy foam miniature ADM-3A...*

--
Jameel