[vcf-midatlantic] Help with Tandy 1000 TX

David K davekre17 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 22:03:32 EST 2020

I have a Tandy 1000TX.  It works - I have played some Infocom and
other games on it.

I recently got a copy of Leather Goddesses of Phobos and have been unable
to get it to load/work.

The reference card mentions the game "is not self-booting". (I've attached
a copy of the reference card)

It appears you need to make a copy of the original game disk and the
directions start by saying "Insert your IBM (or compatible) DOS disk in
drive A"

I do not have a copy of DOS for IBM (the game says you need version 2.0 or
higher).

Can anybody help me obtain this?  I do not have the ability or capacity to
load something online and get it onto a floppy disk.

I've looked on eBay and seen either higher DOS versions (I am unsure which
versions I can use on my Tandy) or crazy prices.  I'm hoping not to waste
money on buying the wrong thing.

My Tandy has both a 5.25 and 3.5 disk drives.

Thanks,
David K.