[vcf-midatlantic] Repair workshop wrap-up 7/11 & 7/12, 2020

Sentrytv sentrytv at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 20:42:53 EDT 2020

I had brought 2 commodore 1541 floppy drives to check out.
One was not worth repairing and the other one I just basically swaps out some parts. I got drive 2 working, so I have one good drive and one drive for parts.
I plan to use the power supply from drive 1 to make a more sturdy Commodore 64 power supply, eventually.

I also brought a Zenith remote control black and white TV that had been sitting in my garage for nearly 20 years.
I put it on a Variac to start for a few minutes and then put the voltage up to full line voltage.
It worked with just a few adjustments and it worked well.
I ended up giving it to Ian.

My AmStrad gaming system still needs a memory IC, which I have to order.
Ian brought his, so we can  do some quick testing and it did seem to want to work, even without a second memory IC.

I did find some books and magazines that were being discarded which I could use.

Thanks for Jeff’s help and for Ian‘s help on Sunday.
And the bagels from Bill.

Sent from: