[vcf-midatlantic] Older Dell laptop

☼ wil lindsay ☼ wm.lindsay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 08:58:09 EDT 2020

I hate to be negative, but if your friend doesn't have the love for
antiquity that we share, a PIII era Dell is not going to serve as a daily
driver.
The prices are a little high on eBay because they are starting to come into
fashion as cheap retro-game machines.

The defacto old-machine rescue OS in linux(  Lubuntu : https://lubuntu.net/
) is on the edge of dropping support for the 32-bit processors.
It'll work, but page loading simple things like Facebook and Gmail that
everyday users need  is a bit painful.

If money is an issue, I usually recommend 5-8 year old netbooks running
Chrome for everyday users on a super-tight budget. They can be had from
$80--to-free, depending how important a battery is.

If you're at a real loss, I have a 2012 Acer C710 that I was going to flush
and clean for ebay. I'd be happy to pass it along. (I'm in
Lawrenceville/Trenton)

-Wil

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 8:18 AM Sentrytv via vcf-midatlantic <