[vcf-midatlantic] VCF West 2020 Virtual Watch Party @ InfoAge Sat. Aug. 1

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Thu Jul 23 01:43:30 EDT 2020

So VCF West 2020 will be a virtual show on Saturday August 1 starting at
12PM Eastern Time.

To make this more exciting and support them we will be having a local
"watch party" at InfoAge.

Specifically we will setup a projector and a 100" screen to show the live
YouTube video feed.
Everyone is required to wear a mask, sit six feet apart and we are limiting
it to the first 25 people.

If you are interested, then please fill out this Google Form:
https://forms.gle/wiQfaMpATWCNdcoK9

First come, first served. So if you want to go, get your name on this list.

You will see some familiar faces on the videos as well as some new ones.

This is the tentative schedule (using Pacific time):

Time Title Speaker
9:00 Intro and Welcome Erik Klein
:15 Sol20 Helios Disk System Corey Cohen
:30 Processor Technology Sol20 in action Francis Bauer
:45 Operating an Apollo DSKY display panel Carl Claunch
10:00 Magnetic Tape Data Recovery Len Shustek
:15 Magnetic Tape Data Recovery Len Shustek
:30 Whirlwind Guy Fedorkow
:45 Whirlwind Guy Fedorkow
11:00 6502 Assembly Language programming Stephen A Edwards
:15 6502 Assembly Language programming Stephen A Edwards
:30 6502 Assembly Language programming Stephen A Edwards
:45 4004 Electronic Maneuvering Board. Dwight Elvey
12:00 Meetup in NeoHabitat The MADE
:15 Meetup in NeoHabitat The MADE
:30 PDP history and operation David Gesswein
:45 PDP history and operation David Gesswein
1:00 PDP history and operation David Gesswein
:15 ENIAC Brian L. Stuart
:30 ENIAC Technical Manual Bugs Brian L. Stuart
:45 ENIAC Technical Manual Bugs Brian L. Stuart
2:00 Core64 Andy Geppert
:15 Bill Winters Amiga Video Toaster
:30 Univac 490 Real Time Computer Bob Roswell
:45 Univac 490 Real Time Computer Bob Roswell
3:00 ?? Bil Herd
:15 Nova 445 Homebrew Retro Steve Toner
:30 Retroshield for Arduino Mega Erturk Kocalar
:45 ?? Bill Mensch and Stephen Edwards
4:00 ?? Bill Mensch and Stephen Edwards
:15 Close and Thank You Erik Klein and/or VCF Board

We are still planning some of the details, but hope to make this an
exciting event. We look forward to seeing you there!
Jeff Brace
Vice President & Board Member, VCF East Showrunner
Vintage Computer Federation
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org
cell: 732-759-1783