[vcf-midatlantic] 8080 programmer trainer

Jeff Galinat jgalinat at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 11:51:46 EDT 2020

I had purchased an MST-80 off eBay a few years ago and the primary reason
was I wanted the clean white/gold ceramic 8080 for use in my IMSAI.  I
replaced that CPU with a brown ceramic 8080 and resold it to another list
member for my original purchase price.  One cool feature of the keypad &
monitor program is that data can be entered/displayed in either Hex or
Octal just by toggling the H/O key on the pad.  I think this is very handy
as many people learned the 8080 opcodes in octal (like the Altair panel is
laid out) while other folks like me learned them in hex.  I worked for IBM
and was trained to use hex notation while some of my friends who used
mini's like the PDP-8s used octal. I thought this was a very handy feature
to implement.
Regards,
Jeff

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 5:14 AM Sentrytv via vcf-midatlantic <