[vcf-midatlantic] Debugging with NMI on the PC

Garrett Nievin gnievin at silvaire.org
Wed Jun 10 19:46:48 EDT 2020

Programming the strange "high res" adapter (two full-length boards with
a jumper cable, something like 640x400x16) on my Sperry PC back in the
day, I just soldered in a switch that connected NMI to ground and used
it with basic tools like Borland Turbo Debugger.

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/borland/turbo_assembler/Turbo_Debugger_2.0_Users_Guide_1990.pdf

I'd be running graphics code on the "high res" adapter, and have an MDA
card with debugger running on the monochrome display.

Cheers,
Garrett