[vcf-midatlantic] Apple ][+ At VCF-East Consignment

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Fri Mar 6 13:09:54 EST 2020

I will be consigning my Apple ][+ at VCF-East this year.  It has not
been powered up in probably 10 years and therefore is unknown condition.
"Ran When Parked."

I'm looking for suggestions on:
   - precautions / procedures / problems with powering it up to test
   - test procedures that you would want to do if purchasing one
   - some indication on fair pricing.

It has two floppy drives (Apple) and an 80-column card of some sort with
a a mono monitor.

I probably have *some* software on disk to test with, but this has never
really been my thing, so I don't have other machines or tools to make
new disks.  I can handle intermediate-level electronic and mechanical
repairs & cleaning.

And re: pricing: Mostly I want it to go to a good home, but I want it to
be worthwhile and maximize VCF donation amounts.

Yes I've Googled this, and I've decided to ask expert advice to improve
the SNR. :)

Thanks in advance.  I'm likely to have the same sort of question on an
entirely different machine as well, but lets do this first.

--
Jameel Akari