[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East...

Tony Bogan tony.bogan at vcfed.org
Mon Mar 9 17:47:31 EDT 2020

Ethan, it’s impossible for me or anyone else to say what will happen or even give an educated guess. TCF is in 12 days and is still on schedule. Princeton University announced today that AFTER Spring Break they want students to remain home for two weeks, at which time they will re-evaluate the situation. Spring break for Princeton doesn’t start until the 14th of March, so exams continue as planned so they aren’t shutting down early, just taking advantage of a built in break and extending if deemed necessary. My daughter just called me while typing this response to tell me Monmouth University just cancelled classes a week early before Spring Break to extend the “down time” while the situation is monitored (apparently Seton Hall did the same thing)

These events are happening more than 6 weeks in advance of when VCF East is scheduled, and much can change (for better or worse) in that time frame.

I’m but one of a group of people who are involved in those process, so take my comments as such.

However, I would ask from a personal standpoint that people give us the next few days for the public response (read: official response) to come out and for the Wednesday Operations meeting at IA where I can get an update from IA on their plans, feelings, etc.

Impossible for us to please everyone and accommodate everyone’s schedules and desires (I’ve talked to numerous people who are hoping we don’t have to reschedule, and others who think we should right now)

All we can do is be upfront about where we are and where we may be going, then update as circumstances change.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone