[vcf-midatlantic] Soldering Temp and Gauge Wire?

mark at markesystems.com mark at markesystems.com
Wed Mar 11 16:33:45 EDT 2020

> From: Chris Fala <chrisjpf33 at gmail.com>
<...>
> This excellent video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpkkfK937mU is one of
> the best explanations of the proper way to solder that I have found.

That was a good video.  I've been soldering, both professionally and for
hobby reasons, since I was 7 (53 years, but who's counting), and this is the
first video I've seen that that stresses the importance of a wetting of
solder between the iron and the joint be soldered; it doesn't just blindly
state to "apply the solder to the joint, not the iron".  This allows the
joint to be soldered quickly, which is good not only because it's fast, but
because it doesn't heat-stress the component or board as much.
~~
Mark Moulding