[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East 2020 Update

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Thu Mar 12 16:40:12 EDT 2020

I read the NJ recommendation, and went and looked at what my hotel
cancellation policy was...

But now, I read that New York State is banning gatherings > 500 people.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html
Not just "recommending," but shutting things down starting at 5pm tonight.

It's true that VCF East is still 6 weeks away and things can and will
change.  However, I would hazard a guess that attendance will be severely
reduced even if we go ahead.

VCF has become one of my favorite things and I say that without
hesitation.  So I'm not hitting Cancel on my room yet, but I'm keeping
that tab open...

--
Jameel Akari

--