[vcf-midatlantic] How's everyone doing?

David Riley fraveydank at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 10:25:19 EDT 2020

I already worked from home, and 99% of my workplace's stuff can be done from home, so not a lot has changed for me work-wise except that I'm finding it hard to concentrate on work with the whole Impending Doom thing going on.  Been enjoying seeing everyone else's cats and dogs and kids on video chats, though, as well as feeling some mild bemusement when folks suddenly understand how frustrating it is to get a "you there?" chat message without the actual question attached.

I'm lucky, my job isn't letting anyone go, and they've taken this extremely seriously and been proactive about establishing good work-from-home practices (and more importantly, documenting and communicating them well). Benefit of working at a cybersecurity company who's been shifting toward the cloud in recent years, I guess.

If anyone is suddenly jobless (or looking to switch) and fancies anything on this list, I'm glad to offer a referral. Can't guarantee anything about getting hired, especially now (we're doing OK, but probably being cautious), but there's a lot there for many career paths, not just technical ones.

https://www.fireeye.com/company/jobs.html

- Dave