[vcf-midatlantic] How's everyone doing?

jsalzman at gmail.com jsalzman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:44:40 EDT 2020

Started working from home Tuesday of last week. Took a bit to get used to
it from setting up my own work environment and being comfortable at where I
decided to plant my work issued equipment. If I were an interior decorator,
I'd have a conniption even trying to figure out the best way to organize
everything. LOL

I haven't been doing much with vintage computing because, although working
from home grants me an extra 90 minutes of time recovered from not having
to do a round trip commute, I find myself spreading my work out over a
longer span of hours during the day, taking more breaks in between. As a
software developer, I'm not tied to regular business hours like I normally
am when I am office bound, so I'm basically active during all daylight
hours.

Other than that, I was fortunate enough to have needed toilet paper a few
days before the panic buying, and secured my usual quarterly supply of
36-pk 1100 sheet Scott brand product. Water comes from a filtered fridge
dispenser, and I trek out every couple days to a convenience store for
milk, and am able to pick up a loaf or two of bread when I'm there. I don't
mind paying the premium price on bread at the convenience store because I'm
saving over $50 per week on fuel from the normal commuting cost.

Hopefully you all are hanging in there, staying safe, and looking forward
to seeing you all at the next opportunity to attend a Workshop, or VCF
East, whichever comes first!

Jeff Salzman

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 11:12 AM corey cohen via vcf-midatlantic <