[vcf-midatlantic] How To Geek article on floppy data recovery

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Fri May 8 13:59:58 EDT 2020

The subject of floppy drives and diskettes, is of great interest to me.
One can Web search my domain and find many Web pages about them, and
about vintage floppy controllers too. Some people find my site useful in
that way. So I had something to say.

I think I mis-interpreted Dean's comments, as some kind of established
opinion, and not just his expression of his particular interests and
preferences. Sorry if I over-responded as if to make a serious argument
out of them. I'm sure many would agree with his considerations. But I'm
not taking a vote, to establish my interests or to draw my conclusions.

Thanks, Dean, for your responses and your opinions. You need not share
my particular interests of course. If you find information that's
contrary to facts and propositions I've made, I'd be interested in
hearing about them. That applies to anyone else of course.

And I welcome a strong counter argument, I'd be informed, maybe others
would be. But I don't insist on consensus or agreement; or pretend my
views are established in that way. I hope my facts are correct, the tech
I mention is correctly stated. The rest are my considerations and others
may have different ones.

Regards, Herb Johnson

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net