[vcf-midatlantic] FANUC A860-0056-T020 Powering and Industrial Papertape Reader Component Independently

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon May 25 09:46:47 EDT 2020

More detail to earlier post.

https://www.vintagecomputer.net/FANUC/
Reader Part number A860-0056-T020

http://vintagecomputer.net/FANUC/FANUC%20A20B-0004_pwr-connect1.jpg
http://vintagecomputer.net/FANUC/FANUC%20A20B-0004_250WV-AC-cap.jpg

Here is the control board on the reader which has 50-pin tape in and punch
out ports:
http://vintagecomputer.net/FANUC/FANUC%20A20B-0004_IO-board.jpg
http://vintagecomputer.net/FANUC/DOSTEK-440a-BTR.jpg
The 50pin rainbow cable coming off the punch port is connected to a behind
the tape reader (or "BTR").

The BTR converts the signals and sends them to a computer's serial port so
they can be captured into a tape image.  This is what they made when
indudstrial processes converted from using actual tape readers and tapes to
saved tape images.  The BTR was the gateway between the reader and a
computer.

This FANUC 6 hardware manual, which includes this model of tape reader as
part of a larger system, references the part numbers found on the reader,
which is how I learned what I learned about it.
http://cncmanual.com/download/1646/

I am working to safely power it up.  Not in a rush to fry it.