[vcf-midatlantic] Fwd: AppleIIGS

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Mon Nov 9 21:52:11 EST 2020

Someone is looking for help with AppleWorks on an Apple IIGS. Does anyone
have any contacts in that area?

Here is her problem:

I have a vintage Apple IIGS computer that I still like to use. I find the
Apple Works program very user-friendly. My problem is my printer.  My
printer will print up to a page and then hang up.  I like using the Apple
works programs because I can design very simple pages that I need to keep
track of my books, authors, etc., and when I have read them. I find no
programs or current Apple apps that would do that.  I also customize it for
use for my travel history, genealogical information, and various
collections.  Before I retired, it was great for keeping my students’
grades.  No one can hack into it, and I could keep my passwords list and
finance information safe.  I have a lot of lists of things, and would like
to be able to print them.

I live in Phoenix Arizona.  I was wondering if you have any kind of a list
of professionals or hobbyists who could take a look at the ImageWriter and
hopefully correct what is wrong. I understand there is someone in Denver,
but that is a little far go for me.  Anywhere in Arizona or Southern
California would be OK for me.
Jeff Brace
Vice President & Board Member
Vintage Computer Festival East Show-runner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org
cell: 732-759-1783