[vcf-midatlantic] Ken Thompson video

Alexander Pierson ajpierson1 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 14:02:13 EST 2020

 >Bad idea.  The exhibitors would have to worry about the public pawing at their systems unsupervised.
Forgive me, but don't VCF West and Midwest both do this exact thing, and have for many years?  People developed a buddy system of maintaining watch over their friend's exhibits during panels, and you can watch the ebb and flow of the crowd based on whichever presentation is currently happening.
-Alexander 'Z' Pierson
    On Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 01:42:37 PM EST, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org> wrote:

 >> At least now we know in the future to allow exhibits to open WHILE the keynote is still going on

Bad idea. The exhibitors would have to worry about the public pawing at their systems unsupervised. That's why I kept a schedule of the keynote and THEN the exhibits, so the exhibitors were free to attend the keynote without fear.