[vcf-midatlantic] Ken Thompson video

Joshua Abraham jarvideo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 22:41:57 EST 2020

Ya know, reading through this thread, that started with bragging about a
talk recorded at East 2019, I can't help but be reminded of my experience
as a relatively new attendee/co-exhibitor that year.

That Friday, I made a personal recording of that day's talk since
Alexander, whom I co-exhibited with, was a member on that panel. Seemed
harmless enough.

Nevertheless, Evan felt it necessary to approach, if not confront, me that
evening about the recording and made it clear that the idea of posting said
recording online was highly frowned upon as VCF has their own social
media.  It seemed like to him it was more important that VCF got the
monopoly on the content of the event than it was that people could share
the experience in their own circles. As someone who was relatively new to
these events and only just barely acquainted with the showrunners, this
rubbed me the wrong way and left a very sour impression. It wasn't until
later I was told, what I assume is a common line, "That's just Evan." Not a
very good excuse im my opinion.

I'm glad to have discovered that the rest of the VCfed are generally very
respectful and open minded.

I probably wouldn't have brought this up but something something straw that
broke the camel's back.

Sorry in advance if I'm out of line guys,
Joshua "Singularity" Abraham.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 9:29 PM David Riley via vcf-midatlantic <