[vcf-midatlantic] Dang they don't make them like they used to ...

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Thu Nov 19 10:37:58 EST 2020

So my POS 35 year old Weller workstation that I got out of the back of the Computer Shopper
for $25 shipped has developed a crack in the heat guard sleeve. I mean really I spent good
money on this and it only lasted 35 years. I want a refund! ;-)

I think I can fix the crack with some heat shrink tubing. BTW if anyone has ever
seen my Weller they'd wonder why I still have it. It looks like someone took a
BB gun to it. It's looked that way for the last 35 years. I do need to take some
epoxy to a few things to fix some of the broken parts but it still works and the
tip is good (small chisel tip). The tip was bought new when I got the Weller. I
think it cost more than the Weller. I also have the original tip. It was a bit
worn but usable.

I wonder if my Hako will last that long. Might I never use it. ;-)

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com