[vcf-midatlantic] Project of the day - Windows 3.11 386Enh on a floppy

Richard Cini rich.cini at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 19:28:02 EDT 2020

Yeah, I thought of that too. I did this within Parallels on my Mac (so, going back and forth between Windows XP and MS-DOS 6.22 running as virtual machines) and Parallels doesn't support DMF (or anything other than 1.44MB). Neither does VirtualBox interestingly. It might be possible to do it on a real PC, but not sure.

Yes, that extra 200k would make a huge difference in what could be included. Another way, that I haven't dried, is using Doublespace to create a virtual drive on the floppy.

Rich

--
Rich Cini
http://www.classiccmp.org/cini