[vcf-midatlantic] Project of the day - Windows 3.11 386Enh on a floppy

Richard Cini rich.cini at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 20:33:10 EDT 2020

Ha, just pulled out a copy of Stacker 4.0 and compressed a floppy disk. 2.8MB free. That's a lot of room :-)

Rich

--
Rich Cini
http://www.classiccmp.org/cini

On 9/5/20, 7:28 PM, "Richard Cini" <rich.cini at gmail.com> wrote:

    Yeah, I thought of that too. I did this within Parallels on my Mac (so, going back and forth between Windows XP and MS-DOS 6.22 running as virtual machines) and Parallels doesn't support DMF (or anything other than 1.44MB). Neither does VirtualBox interestingly. It might be possible to do it on a real PC, but not sure.

    Yes, that extra 200k would make a huge difference in what could be included. Another way, that I haven't dried, is using Doublespace to create a virtual drive on the floppy.

    Rich