[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East Swap Meet - Save the Date - Saturday November 7 (Rain: Sunday November 8)

Adam Michlin amichlin at swerlin.com
Sun Sep 13 12:32:08 EDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

Alas, there will be no consignment at our hybrid VCF East coming up, but
we have decided to try something new and have an *outdoor* Swap Meet.
Vendors (which can be individuals) will be able to rent space and people
will be able to attend the event for the very modest fee of $5. All VCF
surplus will also be on sale at this event.

DATE: Saturday, November 7, with Rain Date Sunday, November 8
TIME: 9AM TO 6PM
Location: InfoAge, 2201 Marconi Road Wall, NJ 07719

$20 for vendors for first space, $10 for each additional space. 4 spaces
max - BRING YOUR OWN TABLES/BLANKETS/WHATEVER

$5 for admissions for general public

We want to emphasize this will be an *outdoor* event with a rain date on
the following day. There will be no indoor contigency in the case of
rain both days because of social distancing issues. If the event doesn't
happen, it doesn't happen, and no one will be charged if the event does
not happen.

This will be different from consignment as we wont have a central place
to pay for items. Vendors and individuals will have to man your area (or
have someone else man it) for the entire event. There is absolutely no
reason you can't work together, though, and have multiple people's items
in one space (therefore manned by multiple people). The event will be
only about the swap meet, so there should not be much of a pull (beyond
wishing to shop) from manning your space. No electricity will be
provided, so all items will have to be sold as is. We are also working
on a lunch plan.

I'm particulary excited about this because, back in the 1990s, my first
stint (habit, if you prefer) of vintage computer collecting was
supported by attending regular computer swap meets in Silicon Valley at
De Anza College and Lawrence Livermore Labs. The enthusiam at
consignment each year tells me we are ripe to bring something like this
back on a regular basis, but, of course, COVID make things trickier than
usual.

Best wishes,

              -Adam