[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East Swap Meet - Save the Date - Saturday November 7 (Rain: Sunday November 8)

Tony Bogan thebogans at mac.com
Sun Sep 13 14:38:29 EDT 2020

Jeff, we definitely hope to do more of these. Back in February when things first started to deteriorate with Covid, we started making contingency plans of all kinds.

Adam has been pushing for something like this since before the start of the Steering Committee, and once we knew all bets were off for an actual in person VCF East, planning went into full swing for some form of outdoor swap meet/consignment/whatever we decided to call it.
We talked about several smaller events when gathering restrictions in NJ were tighter, even doing the swap meet on the days of VCF East with just limited outdoor capacity only. All kinds of ideas were bandied about.

We would have announced the date months ago but we wanted to wait and see what was going to happen for the October event, and wanted to work around the yearly Holiday Train display at infoage As they begin setup in early November.

We found out at the last IA operations meeting last week that unfortunately they are not hosting the train event this year, so now that weekend gives us more flexibility and is still early enough to not likely be snow covered!! Once we knew for sure about date availability and event conflicts, we wanted to get the word out. It’s been in The 60s on Halloween most recent years so we are keeping our fingers crossed for the following week!

Hope to see you again soon, and also at the next swap meet!

Tony

Sent from my iPhone