[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East Swap Meet - Save the Date - Saturday November 7 (Rain: Sunday November 8)

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Tue Sep 15 09:41:13 EDT 2020

I'll pile on 'cause I'm a ham (don't mess with us! Haha).

I frequently attend NEARfest which is a spring and fall hamfest event in the New England area. I don’t know the exact attendance numbers but if I had to guess I would say "a few thousand" when the weather is good. There are more hams licensed with the FCC today than ever before in history. Over 760,000 in the US alone (according to Wikipedia).

And growing! http://www.arrl.org/files/media/News/Ham%20Radio%20Stats%202014.jpg

Worldwide the number is about 3,000,000 (again according to Wikipedia). I wonder how many vintage computer hobbyists exist the world? Maybe we should learn something from the hams.

73 Eugene W2HX