[vcf-midatlantic] OT / InfoAge and VCF support
maflynn at theflynn.org
Sun Aug 1 13:45:00 UTC 2021
VCF and CDL joined forces Saturday to square away a large quantity of
* Ken G & Martin F racked the new UPS in 9059, found out the warranty
replacement is is a higher wattage (3.0 kW vs 2.2 kW) than the unit
it's replacing. Material to deploy two new 30A circuits is inbound,
work being coordinated with the IA electrician, Bob P.
* Ken installed the anchors under the eaves of 9059 for the fiber run
to 9032A. Ran out of material and time to install the anchors on
9032. Additional anchors for 9032 has been ordered.
* Ken, CJ, and his son Joe set up the rack mounting holes in hotel
basement floor and added anchors for the fiber optic cables, The
anchor bolts for the rack are set into the slab using a Hilti
two-part system. I routed in the fiber that runs to the 9001
attic into the new rack.
* Handed off the new Cisco two-line analog telephone adapter (ATA) for
the VCF team to Jeff B. Jeff tested, is working fine. Both lines
are available for VCF use, both have voice mail.
* ATA for the BBS is active, Server is racked and powered, DNS in
place. Last remaining is the firewall rule deployment.
Since the VCF workshop is on the 14th, I was planning on being on site
on the 7th to continue the work that is prep for VCF-E, rather than push
this out closer to VCF-E.
If you are available to assist, please reply off-list to reduce the clutter
More information about the vcf-midatlantic