[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Looking for recommendations on new soldering station

Duane Craps DBC1964 at cox.net
Tue Aug 3 21:38:45 UTC 2021

IF you are only looking for an upgrade to the single heat soldering iron
and are as cheep as I, am you can go with something like this:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/soldering-station-with-adjustable-heat-range-us-plug.html?queryID=889951ca589a73f1fc43f883521b2583&objectID=17549&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

I have one and it is a huge upgrade to the plain old soldering iron. No
fancy digital display but, you get what you pay for. Seems to be
adequate for through hole IC's. If you need to work on more modern
surface mount you might plan on spending more money.

Duane

--
DuaneCraps
sdɐɹɔ ǝuɐnp