[vcf-midatlantic] Apple Branded Mid-80's Memory Compatibility Question.

Ian Primus ian.primus.ccmp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 03:35:27 UTC 2021

Yeah. They're all the same part electrically, the same industry
standard pinout. Tons of compatible part numbers.You can also use a
41256 or equivalent in a pinch, it just has an extra pin that isn't
used on the 4164 for the upper address bit. And basically any RAM in
that type is going to be fast enough for the 1mhz Apple IIc, so the
speed isn't going to matter either.

Be aware that on the Apple IIc, there might not be enough clearance to
fit a socket depending on which chip it is, so check before soldering
in a socket by stacking a chip on top of the soldered one, and see if
it clears when you put it back together. I do see a lot of those
Micron chips fail in Apple IIc's.

-Ian

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 9:59 PM MikeWillegal via vcf-midatlantic