[vcf-midatlantic] VCF museum machines in need of TLC

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Fri Aug 13 00:59:32 UTC 2021

Jeff Salzman will be working making a backup boot disk for the Zorba. One
of them stopped working. He will also take a look at the H89.

We also need good demos to run on the Amiga 1000. Some of the disks don't
seem to work *and* apparently some disks have the SCA virus. Could someone
bring a disinfectant?

The museum also has an SD card reader for the Vic-20. I just haven’t had
time to set it up yet. Maybe someone can help me figure it out and pick
some good demos.

Also the museum 1541 drive on the C64, has issues. I had swapped it out for
another one, but haven't had the chance to try simple troubleshooting like
a disk cleaner, etc. It has JiffyDOS and is cosmetically better than the
one I swapped. Maybe someone can take a look at it.

Jason Perkins will look at the Lisa as it doesn't boot now.

I would like a better demo for the Atari 1040ST. If anyone has a better
suggestion for a disk, please let me know.

Also need someone to install the SD card read for the IBM PCjr.

The Apple 2 seems to be having issues again. It might just need a card to
be reseated.

Does anyone have experience getting the TRS-80 working with a floppy drive?
I'd like to get some demos working on that machine.

I think that's all.

Jeff Brace
Vice President & Board Member
Vintage Computer Festival East Show-runner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org