[vcf-midatlantic] VCF museum machines in need of TLC

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Fri Aug 13 18:23:00 UTC 2021

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 2:09 PM Ethan Dicks via vcf-midatlantic <

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 9:00 PM Jeffrey Brace via vcf-midatlantic
> <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org> wrote:
> > We also need good demos to run on the Amiga 1000. Some of the disks don't
> > seem to work *and* apparently some disks have the SCA virus. Could
> someone
> > bring a disinfectant?
>
> Wow!  That takes me back to 1987!

Yes. I actually got excited when Dennis called to say that the computer had
a virus! He didn’t know which one, but I guessed the right one. I was
excited because it is a “historical” virus since it is the first known for
the Amiga. I just don’t know how to trigger it again to take a picture.

> -ethan

Jeff Brace
Vice President & Board Member
Vintage Computer Festival East Show-runner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org