[vcf-midatlantic] VCF museum machines in need of TLC

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 18:29:43 UTC 2021

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 2:19 PM Jeffrey Brace via vcf-midatlantic
> OK. I’d like the bouncing ball at least. We have deluxe paint 3. Not sure
> what are good suggestions. Also wondering if it needs a RAM upgrade to
> better run demos.

There are some older demos that will run in 512K of RAM (with no FAST
RAM), but a lot of the good stuff expects 512K of CHIP and 512K of
expansion RAM (FAST or A500-type "half-FAST" RAM).

If you look for things from 1985 or 1986, it should all run great on a
plain A1000 (with just the front-bay CHIP RAM expansion which is
standard).  At 1MB of total RAM, there are many, many options.

-ethan