[vcf-midatlantic] Z80 single board computer needs a good home.

William Dudley wfdudley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 20:48:55 UTC 2021

In the late 70's I designed and produced a single board Z80 computer for my
job, and I kept one for myself, and eventually used it in home automation
projects.  I don't need this anymore, so it wants to be adopted by somebody
who wants to play with a Z80 without breaking anything expensive.

Specs:

approx size: 11.25 x 9 inches.    double sided

ceramic/gold Z80 with 2.4576 MHz crystal

6 2114 RAM installed, room for 2 more.  So 3K bytes installed, upgradable
to 4K bytes

2732 EPROM installed but socket designed to take bigger parts.  EPROM is
running a simple monitor that allows one to control the I/O ports.
Footprints on the board for two
more EPROMS.

2 Z80 DARTs, so 4 serial ports  1488 and 1489 RS232 line driver/rcvr
installed.  Three of the serial ports are brought out in DB25 connectors.
1 Z80 CTC installed, room for a 2nd one.
Footprint on the board for a Z80 PIO
2 74LS374 8 bit latches for I/O installed.
Footprints on the board for an analog mux and an A/D converter, both in 28
pin 600 mil wide packages.  No idea what part they are.
Input power should be 5v and +/- 12v (for the RS232 output)

The board comes with almost no documentation, but it's a double sided
board, so it should be easy-ish to reverse engineer it, especially since
it's half populated and there are handwritten markings for some of the
uninstalled parts.

The board and I are in Jackson, NJ.

I will be going to the repair workshop at the museum this weekend, though I
realize this is short notice.  I can ship this at your expense.

Bill Dudley

This email is free of malware because I run Linux.