[vcf-midatlantic] VCF Marketing Director Position Available

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Tue Dec 14 03:44:15 UTC 2021

The Vintage Computer Federation is looking for a Marketing Director. If you
or anyone that you know is interested, please forward me an e-mail, cover
letter and resume. This is a volunteer position where we they would work
about 5 hours a week.

Description below for this position.

Job Title: Marketing Director

Reports To: VCF President

Job Description:

The Vintage Computer Federation Marketing Director is a volunteer position
and is responsible for promoting the Federation, owned and affiliated
events and our "brand' to the community at large.  Job functions include,
but are not limited to:

1. Producing and distributing press releases for:

    a. Announcing events, achievements and goals

    b. Recapping successful events

    c. Seeking artifacts, collaboration, recognition, donations, etc.

2. Managing social media accounts, content, outreach, advertising, etc.

3. Raising awareness of the organization with the community at large
through any means possible.

4. Being the go-to press representative for the organization and seeking
out press coverage at all opportunities.

5. Fostering relationships and managing contacts with outside organizations.

6. Working with the Forum administrators to enhance the visibility and
reach of the forums.

7. Maintaining and actively using accounts on as many "industry" venues as
possible including our Vintage Computer Forums, cc:talk, the VCF
Mid-Atlantic Discussion list, BACH mailing list, Facebook hobby groups and
as many others as feasible.

8. Supervises and coordinates with the Social Media Manager.

9. Expected hours are on average about two hours per week, increasing to
more hours during bigger events.

10. Report to VCF Board twice monthly on progress and results.

If you are interested, please submit a sample marketing plan.

Jeff Brace
VCF National Board Member Chairman & Vice President
Vintage Computer Festival East Show-runner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org