[vcf-midatlantic] First access to real internet Re: Your First Modem? (was: Help me remember my first modem)

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Wed Dec 29 18:22:48 UTC 2021

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 12:44 PM Christian Liendo via vcf-midatlantic <

> Does anyone remember their first access to real internet?

Yes. When I went to college in Philadelphia at Drexel University. September
1991. I connected through a Wyse terminal (not sure which model) into an
IBM-3090 (not sure about the model). This is where I sent my first internet
e-mail to my sister who worked at Microsoft and a friend who worked at
AT&T. I also believe that I played MUDs on this terminal. It was quite
exciting going from dial-up modems to hardwire connected terminals to the
internet.