[vcf-midatlantic] New Commodore PET games

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 19:50:43 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 2:45 PM Douglas Crawford via vcf-midatlantic
> On 2/19/2021 2:02 AM, Ethan Dicks via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> > I would not recommend letting people play on the original keyboard
> > (game use wears the printing off the letter and does wear out the 3
> > keys - I had to replace the keyboard PCB on my 2001N because we
> > literally wore the gold off the pads).  I built an "arcade interface"
> > with 3 buttons that tapped into the row and column lines
>
> THAT'S  A GREAT IDEA. I have brought my 4016 to science events and it
> has had a ton of use too.
> I think I'll do the same if I take it out again!

I made this from a damaged Radio Shack 150-in-one frame.  I cut the
long sides away and left the wire tray intact.  The old bottom serves
to stabilize it and fits right between the feet on the PET.

The buttons are real arcade buttons, bought as spares around 1980.  I
recycled the keyboard harness from the bad PCB for the connector.
There are 4 wires coming off of my new cable - row and 'A', "4', and
'6'.  No programming changes required.

-ethan

P.S. - if there's no photo, that's because the list software stripped it off.