[vcf-midatlantic] Greenbar print

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Sat Feb 27 19:02:20 UTC 2021

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 1:58 PM Dave McGuire via vcf-midatlantic <

> On February 27, 2021 1:05:19 PM Jeffrey Brace via vcf-midatlantic <
> >> Maybe someone near the museum can look for the two DECwriter III's that
> >> might still be around the warehouse, or some other wide carriage printer
> >> there.  If you put a new ribbon on one of those and attach to an old pc
> >> running word perfect paginated to 132 character lines you could at least
> >> try to print this at infoage.  I bet there is some green bar in the
> >> warehouse
> >
> > Unfortunately there isn't anyone near the museum who has the technical
> > knowledge to do this. We certainly have the paper and the machines, but
> not
> > the technical knowledge to setup, troubleshoot and print it.
>
>   Huh??  Jeff, I'm willing to bet that pretty much everyone here has been
> connecting printers to computers for decades.  This is not hard!

There are only a handful of people near InfoAge me (7 minutes away, Tony 17
minutes away, Corey 35 minutes away). I can tell you that my knowledge of
connecting greenbar printers is nil. Don't know about Tony or Corey. We
don't know what kind of printers are in the warehouse. We don't know the
condition of those printers. We don't know which computers that they hook
up to. We don't know if those computers are working. So therefore there is
little chance that we have the knowledge of someone close by, a good known
and working printer and how to connect, etc.

If this was next weekend, then we would have 10 to 15 people from 1 hour
plus driving distance and *they* would certainly be able to figure out,
troubleshoot, connect, etc.

== Jeff